Friday, January 30, 2009

It takes you three hours to mow the lawn?

I don’t know about you, but as a writer working from my comfy home office, I listen to the radio as I work. Since I do not like interruptions while I work, and I’m one of the biggest news junkies you’ve ever seen, I keep WCBS880 radio streaming all day long and I mean “all day.”

The result of this dedication to one station sometimes results in a bit of aggravation when the same ad plays throughout the day. An example is the Match.com ad that just played for the zillionth time already and it’s only noon. This young lady happily tells how she loves to mow the lawn with her push lawnmower. The reason she loves to mow is because she has, and I quote, “three hours to just zone out.”

Three hours? How big is her lawn anyway?

Then there’s another one in which a man says he likes to sing. “A ’69 Chevy on a long road trip. I mean, what are you going to do?”

First, who has a ’68 Chevy and second, who the heck goes on long road trips with gas prices what they are today?

Would you want to date these people? I think Match.com needs to look for better dating candidate tapes to air, don’t you?

1 comment:

RedWritingHood said...

I can't speak for the radio ads, but I know I really like the tv ads for Match.com. But then again, I'm biased because I write for them, lol.